- This event has passed.
HH Sh. Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan Cup Hcp. Gr. 1, Diamond Jewel
September 4, 2017
The HH Sh. Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan Cup Hcp. Gr. 1, (Diamond Jewel, the 3rd leg of the Triple Jewel) 4 & up, $50,000 guaranteed US, 1 mile, will be September 4, 2017 at Monmouth Park, Oceanport, New Jersey. (Ran last year at Los Alamitos, Ca.)
SHK ZAYED BIN SULTAN AL NAYHAN CUP
Third Leg (Diamond) of the Triple Jewel Series
FOR ARABIANS, FOUR YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD Free nominations, $300 to enter, $1,000 supplemental nominations by the time of entry which includes all fees. The $50,000 guaranteed purse and all fees after paying $1,000 to 6th through last will be divided 60% to the winner, 20% to second, 11% to third, 6% to fourth and 3% to fifth. Weight: 124 lbs.: Non-winners of a Sweepstakes or an Open Allowance race in 2017 allowed 3 lbs.; Fillies & Mares allowed 3 lbs. The maximum number of starters will be 12. Starters to be named through the entry box by the usual time of closing. In the event the race overfills, preference will be by horses who have accumulated the highest earnings in 2017.
Monmouth Park – Global Festival Stakes – Sept 4, 2017
NOTICE: ALL GLOBAL FESTIVAL RACES IN THE USA HAVE TWO REQUIREMENTS FOR HORSES TO BE ELIGIBLE TO RUN:
ALL HORSES MUST RUN WITHOUT “LASIX”
ALL RACES ARE INVITATIONAL.
The following is information owners, trainers and jockeys may find helpful.
- CLICK HERE for the Nomination Form and CLICK THIS LINK for the Jockey/Agent list. Nominations close on August 25, 2017.
- Trainers please give a description of your silks at time of nomination.
- Trainers please take your silks directly to the jockey’s room as soon as you arrive on the backside
- Trainers please declare that your horse is not on Lasix at entry time. (note** those who plan to run in Kentucky at CD we are told there is no “hold” time to run your horse on Lasix after running Lasix free at Monmouth. If you speak to the stewards at Del Park you may be able to get an exemption from the Lasix “hold” rule when running back at Del Park)
- The Festival Stakes races are tentatively set for the 2nd and the 4th race on the card to accommodate Monmouth simulcast outlets, however; race positions on the card are finalized on entry day. Post times will be approximately 1:16 and 2:18 p.m. There will be 9 Apprentice Riders coming in for this race.
- License fees for this track will be $50 for owners/trainers/jockeys not currently licensed at this track.
- Kevin Weldon – Stall Manager 732-986-8336
- Horses may arrive the day before the race
- Vaccinations required are: Flu/Rhino no more than 60 days no less than 7 days
- Health papers within 72 hrs.
- Current year Coggins test.
- The stable gate is past the Club House and Grandstands on Myrtle Avenue. All Arabians will be placed in barn #20.
- Monmouth Park website monmouthpark.com can be viewed for driving information and the condition book.
- Trainers please check the condition book for information regarding medication and other rules of Monmouth Park and New Jersey.
- http://www.nj.gov/oag/racing/downloads/licformone.pdf you can download the application for license for owner/trainer/jockey etc. from this link. This can be faxed back prior to arriving at the track. There is a telephone number on the form you can call with any questions.
- Chmp. Jockey Julie Krone will be attending and signing autographs.
There will be tables for up to 75 people reserved in the Dining Room Terrace near or at the Finish Line for the Arabian racing contingent. Owners of Horses in Sheikh Zayed Cup G1 will have complimentary food and soft beverages for six people per horse entered (Owners, you may pick up complimentary dining tickets at Clubhouse Will Call). If you have a horse running in only the Apprentice race, food and beverages are to be paid by the individuals. These are not complimentary of the track. The track has been gracious to reserve seating in the Dining Room Terrace so the Arabian racing contingent can be together.
**Complimentary track entry passes for the Arabian contingent will be available at the CLUBHOUSE WILL CALL BOX please tell them you are with the Arabian Jockey Club for the Arabian races.
**Sept 4th will be the final day of the weekend event known as the BBQ and Craft Beer Festival visit this link to read all about it. http://www.monmouthpark.com/event_detail.aspx?id=10736 Gates Open at 11:30 AM with first post at 12:50 pm.
**A Shuttle Bus for up to 50 passengers will leave from the Christiana Hilton Hotel on Churchman’s Blvd (just a mile down from the back entrance to the track) promptly at 9:30 AM on the 4th. The cost will be $25.00 CASH per person round trip, prior to boarding. Susan Meyer and Kathy Smoke will be at the hotel to handle these transactions and give out bus tickets. To be assured a seat plan to be at the hotel by 9:00 AM.