As we all navigate the new realities that Covid-19 has imposed on racing and our daily lives, our return to racing has been put on hold in many states. Delaware is no exception. As we approach the scheduled opening date for racing at Delaware Park of May 27, it is anticipated that the date will be delayed at least for four weeks.

The Governor’s State of Emergency Declaration currently requires that out of state visitors are required to self-quarantine in the state for 14 days. Until this requirement is lifted, Delaware Park cannot accept any horses and their respective help from out of state. We will be notifying all interested parties once we know this requirement will be lifted. We do not anticipate racing until the end June, at the very earliest, but this target is dependent on the State of Delaware lifting the self-quarantine requirement.

We realize the hardship faced by so many in these unprecedented times. Everyone is working hard to get through the disruption of this pandemic and the ability for all of the racing community to participate in the sport and industry we love. Stay safe as we look forward to getting back to racing as soon as is it is safe to do so.

Susan Meyer, President
Arabian Jockey Club